Google’s mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful. They do this by indexing billions of pages of online content, in all kinds and formats and forms, and currently working on inputting and indexing billions of offline content as well, including magazines, books, scholarly articles, and so on. The end goal is to allow you the user in the classroom to find information and to make use of it in an important way.
- Importance of ‘search engine literacy’
- Development of search skills
- Advanced search operators
- Comparing and evaluating information online
- What support search engines provide for classroom
- Call for educators to take up search education